Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Main Forum
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Main Forum Main Forum Description

Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Grand Pooba.

serge has disabled reputation
Default Dive sites

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has any "Off the beaten path" type dive sites in the Niagara Region?

Even if it's something you haven't dove but looks like a good prospect.

There is a group of us that would like to do some different dives and even some exploration in some areas not typically dove.

Any suggestions would be appriciated. Maybe we can find some new and exciting dive spots around here.

Serge.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

I have been looking at some spots along the lake shore to do some scootering from..There was a nice spot near Jordan I wanted to check out...Good parking and easy entry...
Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 PM

jpiasky is on a distinguished road
Default Still searching

Dove a quarry in nanticoke unfortunatly the hole thing was only twelve feet deep . disappointed!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Grand Pooba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Roy View Post
I have been looking at some spots along the lake shore to do some scootering from..There was a nice spot near Jordan I wanted to check out...Good parking and easy entry...
Name the time and place (well you already named the place technically) we can go check it out
Old 06-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

I've been scoping out along the lake as well. The only problem is that its so shallow for so far out. Boaters would be of concern because you can't get away from them...depth wise. Jimmy was telling me about a boat that sunk off the shoreline behind the marina at Port Weller. This little bay is roughly 50 ft I think, and is where they practiced the mooring stuff before heading out to the tiller. This boat in question I guess left the marina and caught on fire and sunk. This was just over 20 years ago. It might be kind of cool to gain some permission to drive out to the grass and scooter off the beach on that end to see whats there.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Grand Pooba.

That would be cool. I wonder who we'd have to contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I've been scoping out along the lake as well. The only problem is that its so shallow for so far out. Boaters would be of concern because you can't get away from them...depth wise. Jimmy was telling me about a boat that sunk off the shoreline behind the marina at Port Weller. This little bay is roughly 50 ft I think, and is where they practiced the mooring stuff before heading out to the tiller. This boat in question I guess left the marina and caught on fire and sunk. This was just over 20 years ago. It might be kind of cool to gain some permission to drive out to the grass and scooter off the beach on that end to see whats there.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

My guess is the Marina. There is grass there, and fire-pit....use to take the dogs swimming at the little "beach" area there and it would have easy access if we had permission to drive to it via the marina side. There is the Seaway Haulage road access there, but its gated and can be a long haul with gear to walk it in. All this shoreline and its either privately owned....or they make steep concrete walls along it so that you can't get to it.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Chris C is on a distinguished road

google map quarrie rd and maplewood dr. we dove there before, but would be better w scooters.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 AM

KevinB is on a distinguished road
Default Dive sites

Hey everyone
We are diving the Marengo off Morgans Point a few times a month lots of wreckage went down 1912 The one side is over 150 ft long. There is the Edward Kelly off the port colborne east break wall haven't found a way out there yet but working on it as well doing some investigating of two wrecks in Lake Ontario will advise if found.

Kevin
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Chris2257 is on a distinguished road

The Marengo is a bit of a walk out to swimmable water, its a decent dive but a bit shallow.
Let me know if you can locate the Edward Kelley