Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Main Forum
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Main Forum Main Forum Description

Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM

SteveG is on a distinguished road
Default Need Buddy

Hello, my family and i are renting a cottage at Sherkston from May 25-29 and I need a buddy. I would like to dive the quarry and possibly the Welland canal, I have done lots of swimming from the bridges and lots of boating (when it was allowed) but I would like to see whats on the bottom, but i am glad to hear its a scuba park now. The canal must be like a scavenger hunt, there must be a tone of stuff thrown in it.

I am a very new scuba diver, I am actually going for my open water on the 16th of May. I have been freediving for about 20 years so I am very comfortable in the water, but I don't have a scooter or a computer (table only) so if anyone would like to be my dive buddy for a couple of dives during those dates I would greately appreciate it, I know its during the week and i would be fine with even going out for an hour or so in the evening.

Sorry about the length of this but anyway

Thanks Steve
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

No problem on the length! We're glad to have you here! There are some of us that dive in the evenings at the canal. Its a great end to the day at work. You don't have to worry about having a scooter....many of us use the canal to practice skills and just get wet. The quarry is a nice place to dive as well. There is lots to see in there, and you are there while the vis is still good. I'd be happy to meet up with you for some experience dives.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:22 PM

SteveG is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot, I am looking forward to coming down and doing some diving in familiar waters (even though the bottom is not that familiar yet). I will keep posting and let you know when I'm down... Thanx again Jen

Steve<><