Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Old Archived Forum threads
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Old Archived Forum threads This is where all of the old outdated threads are being moved to.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Well....there is that and there is also the electronic option for those that want to complain about price. I see it as a donation to an organization that is doing a lot of good and building a lot of awareness globally.
This is my 4th year as a silver member...When it runs out, I will renew once again with a silver membership. Having spent more then $500 over the years on these memberships, I think I have done my fair share...It was already $125 for an international silver membership, so I'm assuming they're $150 now.
If your so big on donating to the cause, why do you only have an electronic membership?

Last edited by Jay Roy; 02-20-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM

jmya is on a distinguished road

I have a silver membership (and I've been a member since 2001). I will renew for the reasons you quoted Jen. I just like to complain!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Giddyup

Chantelle is on a distinguished road

It's still $125... I just got the silver a couple of days ago. Besides donating towards a group that does alot for our community, the benefits are pretty good now. You get access to two sets of course materials, plus discounts in GUE facilities and online store, and more... seriously.. have a look.. It's worth the click!

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer
Old 02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Giddyup

Here are the Silver benefits... taken from the GUE site...

Silver Membership - $125.00 per year

Join Now

10% discount on purchases and special admission pricing at GUE’s annual conference.
Enjoy our full-color, beautifully-illustrated printed version of Quest magazine with wide ranging articles from an international collection of diving, conservation and exploration experts. Silver members receive the printed magazine but may also access online content.
Free subscription to GUE's private mailing list (quest@gue.com). Quest is a moderated forum which brings together top divers, environmentalists and fitness experts from around the world.
Free access to GUE’s quarterly diver training newsletter; GUE Quest Digest allows GUE divers to remain current with GUE’s evolving Standards and Procedures.
Free access to GUE training supplements and procedural manuals.
Free access to a GUE Silver Member video repository, including a growing list of diving videos, educational clips and interviews presented by GUE Members and drawn from GUE’s range of global diving projects.
Free access to current GUE Course Presentation Materials (PDF versions); Silver Members can select any two curriculum, i.e. Cave 1 and Tech 2. Upgrade to Gold member and receive access to all training curricula.
Free high-quality, annual member t-shirt.
Special pricing at select GUE Facilities.

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer
Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Giddyup

Oh.. and you should check out the new "Stories" section on the website too!

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer
Old 02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

Get a platinum membership..you can use their HMI's and 50 watt hid's....
Old 02-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Roy View Post
This is my 4th year as a silver member...When it runs out, I will renew once again with a silver membership. Having spent more then $500 over the years on these memberships, I think I have done my fair share...It was already $125 for an international silver membership, so I'm assuming they're $150 now.
If your so big on donating to the cause, why do you only have an electronic membership?
Take it easy . I joined as electronic because I didn't want the paper version of the magazine. I was going to be renewing as silver this year anyways...mainly because I now want the hard copy magazine. The members that get the hard copy seem to get it first, and the electronic takes longer to go online. I was waiting for my renewal date to come up. It has, so I am now a silver member. I now like the added features for silver over electronic. They also raised the electronic price.

Wasn't referring to just silver memberships as donating...the electronic does too. Donation is donation...no matter what form.. What you prefer to get out of it is up to the one donating. They offer more benefits...price goes up to continue to offer these added benefits.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Chris2257 is on a distinguished road

I think it is worth the investment. My sense is positive change is coming to support and retain members. Dan's new quarterly Quest Digest is a step in the right direction.
On another note, if we contribute with articles like the recent Great White North or "Your Turn to Speak" you get more out of the membership.