Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Old Archived Forum threads
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Old Archived Forum threads This is where all of the old outdated threads are being moved to.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM

Rob Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Deco Software

I am just looking to see what the general census is to what deco planner software you all use if any?
I have been playing around with V-Planner to get the just of how it works, ease of use that sort of thing. I here the GUE deco planner is also good any other suggestions or comments?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Administrator

JohnG is on a distinguished road

I have nautilus from tech diving limited. 5 different algorithms to choose from. They have a bubble model that no other software uses. Its called hkbm - hamilton kenyon bubble model. I like the output it gives. deco planner is pretty good as well, used the old one before I bought nautilus.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I have nautilus from tech diving limited. 5 different algorithms to choose from. They have a bubble model that no other software uses. Its called hkbm - hamilton kenyon bubble model. I like the output it gives. deco planner is pretty good as well, used the old one before I bought nautilus.
Can you share where you got it from?...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

Deco planner is from the GUE site, Nautilus can be found on the Tech Diving Limited Website http://tdl.divebiz.net/index.php?mai...ndex&cPath=101
I have deco planner as offered on the GUE site. I used the older version and like the newer one better obviously. I have not yet tried the Nautilus. You will find with any software that you "might" have to modify it a bit to suit you. I know a girl that leans to one model for some dives, and has to lean to another model for other dives because she will feel tired after the dive if she doesn't.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Smiffy6four

PeteSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Smith View Post
Can you share where you got it from?...
Google sez: http://tdl.divebiz.net/index.php?mai...roducts_id=714
·..·´¯`·. <º))))><.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·<º))))><
Old 01-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

JohnG is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying Jen. Download the demo for nautilus from TDL and have alook. It has dcap,vpm, buhlmann,usn, and hkbm for algorithms. Cool program, check out deco planner too, not sure what algorithm it uses now, the old version was very easy to use and easily modified if you know what you are doing. The new version I would assume is better.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Thanks for replying Jen. Download the demo for nautilus from TDL and have alook. It has dcap,vpm, buhlmann,usn, and hkbm for algorithms. Cool program, check out deco planner too, not sure what algorithm it uses now, the old version was very easy to use and easily modified if you know what you are doing. The new version I would assume is better.
I have downloaded V-planner demo and it allows you use mixes 21% to 50% no limits on depths. Easy to use, but with basic algorthims althought you can set the conservatisim from 1 to 5.

Nautilus wont let you past 66 FSW so demo for deco at that range is usless at the moment yet I like the alogrithims that come with it. I just don't want to buy a program I may end up not liking, but so far Natilus seems favoured here.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Jay Roy is on a distinguished road

No offence Rob..But it seems like your far away from requiring the use of any deco software..keep playing with the freebies and use the money for that spool and smb
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Roy View Post
No offence Rob..But it seems like your far away from requiring the use of any deco software..keep playing with the freebies and use the money for that spool and smb
Non taken at all... I just have a lot of time on my hands and been reading, I have been reading about deco,and gass management for the past few months, just as source material. I have been reading DIR articles by George Irvine with the sections on deco just as a basic understanding and curiosity. I am bored I need water....lol...

Last edited by Rob Smith; 01-16-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Joe is on a distinguished road

I don't have a lot of experience using deco software . I was using V-Planner but have switched to Deco Planner. I like being able to toggle between the Buhlman and VPM tabs to compare schedules. The Deco Planner interface is really simple to use and the software is rock solid so far, no issues yet...

I also heard through the grape vine that the new revision of Deco Planner will work on all platforms as well. Mac, Windows, Linux etc..