Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Main Forum
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Main Forum Main Forum Description

Old 01-15-2009, 10:34 PM

jmya is on a distinguished road

Yes, I really enjoyed diving in Hawaii particularly the great vis - really crazy vis. I've been there twice, both times were for "work" but I managed to get quite a bit of diving in.

My wife has some made-up story of me screaming like a girl when the oceanics started checking us out... I like the lake, I know I'm the apex predator!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Ex Sailor

pteminski is on a distinguished road
Default Brockville Diving

Hi Kevin and everyone else out there U/W,

I think you will have no problem on the Keystorm with a camera. We will have to get Paul and his RIB into Brockville for a week of diving. You will be amazed at the great diving. It has been years for me so lets do it.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

I found the Keystorm to not be too bad for current. I have been on it with very little current, and I have been on it with a bit of current. Brockville is an area that each wreck has varying degrees of current. There is the Daryaw that has a ripping current, the America, which starts with a bit on the surface, but then not too much closer to the wreck over the bank. It really depends on where the wrecks are in the channels. Some wrecks like the Vickory will have a good current going down to it, but then they shelter you for the most part for the rest of the dive.

For me...I like wrecks, but I really loved those caves in Mexico. I have never seen such amazing landscapes.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:55 PM

miked is on a distinguished road

I am with Jen.
Mexico Caves are my favourite. Even though I have not been certified to dive caves I have done quite a few of the caverns on the Mayan Riviera. My favourite is either Angelita Cenote or The Pit. Both advanced cavern dives to depths of 130ft. Absolutley amazing. The day of my wedding my father in law to be, Dennis from Aqaunauts and myself did a full day of diving only to return 30 minutes before I got married. Was an amazing day of diving and one of my most memorable so far.

Also the Speigel Grove in Key Largo is pretty cool but I didnt get to spend alot of time on it. From that dive though I did get a pretty bad picture that I took published in the biggest dive magazine from Finland. Which is a prrety cool diving momnet for myself.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

JohnG is on a distinguished road

My favourite dives, Thats hard to figure out, NOT!!!

cave diving!! without a doubt. Like Serge I got cave certified about 2 years ago and fell in love. Easy access to the systems, awesome diving, and the whole dive is part of the dive not hang on a line for an hour. My favourite system is a toss up, I really like peacock springs, but Little river is cool as well.

But I still get the wreck diving bug so for wrecks my favourite is the Jodrey. Some others that I really enjoyed were- St. James, Schooner G, City of Sheboygan, Kattie Eccles, Comet
Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM

KevinB is on a distinguished road
Default First Wreck Dive

Some twenty years ago I signed up for a AOW class after maybe 2 dives beyond open water. I arrived and was asked if I wanted to do my Deep Dive requirement as my first dive (padi)....I been hooked ever since.

Rebel at 110ft off broward county fl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REBEL.jpg (13.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 PM

sharon is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum Kevin. Getting hooked wreck diving 20 years ago, that's fabulous. I hope I'm still diving in 20 years.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Diver1 Va3KGS

KevinS is on a distinguished road
Default Mushroom Forest, Curacao

This Dive site is located in the Northwest Side of Curacao Island. This area is home to large numbers of mountainous star coral looking like giant mushrooms. The mushroom shapes occurred because the coral heads have been eroded at their bases making it great places for fish to hide under.
This is a beautiful site to dive and bring your camera; you might also get to play with the dolphin’s!! Next time I go to Curacao I will be spending a lot of time at this dive site.

See my Photo Album titled “Mushroom Forest” for some pictures.

Visit http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/s...ive_sites.html for other dive sites on this island.

Last edited by KevinS; 01-16-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM

sharon is on a distinguished road

When you go back to Curacao dive the East Point too. Ocean Encounters has a weekly trip. Stunning coral formations in pristine condition as it isn't dove often.

Tags
favorite site, lake erie dive charters