Scuba Ontario  

Go Back   Scuba Ontario > Main Category > Old Archived Forum threads
Register ProjectsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar

Old Archived Forum threads This is where all of the old outdated threads are being moved to.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 AM

Biffbubbles is on a distinguished road
Default Northern Tech Divers Kingston BEWARE!!!

Northern Tech Divers Kingston BEWARE!!!

So a group (8) of us book 2 charters with Northern Tech Divers out of Kingston Ont.

We ask for a 2 tank dive on a Wednesday and a 2 tank dive on the Thursday, we have 8 people for Wednesday and 5 for Thursday, We are coming out mid-week so they are very happy to accommodate us on the phone!!!

We are traveling to Kingston; so we ask that we depart on the first day a little later (11:00), so that we can take our time getting out to Kingston.
Again on the phone No problems.

We tell them we are going to book hotel rooms in Kingston, and infuse a little money into Kingston's economy on Wednesday night. We also want a later dive on Thursday, (we asked for 10:00AM).
On the phone... Oh Yeah, No problem!!!!

We are told on the phone, since you are a group of 8 on the first day you will have our largest boat, We ask if it is in tip top shape, and are told yes. Another friend from work has told us she was in Kingston 2 weeks ago, she dove with Northern Tech, and their boat was only running on one engine, a very slow trip!

So 2 weeks later we are out in Kingston for our charters, we find out that we can't go out too far in the lake because the boat only has one operating engine, and they have booked it that night for a night dive, so we have to be back in time for the company to use this same boat.

We dive sites that we had done before, just because they were the only ones offered to us! then we hurry (at 2 knots) home to the dock.

When we arrive at the store we find that there is some major problem with our dive tomorrow and that we cannot go out at 10 AM and what was agreed to over the phone when making the reservations!
No they tell us we have to go out at 7AM. Loaded and in the boat leaving at 7AM. For the record, it was not a weather issue either, Thursday was a beautiful day with lots of sun, very little wind and not a cloud to be seen!

For some people departing at 7AM would not be a problem, for rotating shift workers who wanted to relax enjoy the evening, and get a decent amount of sleep, this wrecked the whole trip.

Northern Tech Divers is disorganized and poorly managed. Do not trust what is said to you on the phone, they want your money and will tell you anything to get you out there. Once your there, things change!

Diver BEWARE!!!

Biff
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Smiffy6four

PeteSmith is on a distinguished road

Quite surprised to hear that you had a bad time; I have always had great service there. Did you speak to Tom?
·..·´¯`·. <º))))><.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·<º))))><
Old 09-03-2010, 08:42 AM

Abe KT is on a distinguished road

I never had issues with them and their boat service.
The Vicky Marie is a big slow solid boat had hold a lot of divers. The other boat they use is smaller and quicker.
I find they tend to go out of their way to please everyone. A group of three of us came into town for a course and asked if it was possible to do a late afternoon dive the day before and sure enough they took care of us.
Maybe it is a matter of them (in your situation) trying to be too nice and accommodating everyone's schedule and as a result having to shuffle the times around.

Kevin
Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Oren is on a distinguished road

I haven't had any problems with NTD in more than 6 years since I know them and been their customer.

Your Waterloo region DUI contact person but I'll talk to everyone, who wants to get into DUI and needs help.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Jen is on a distinguished road

That's because Anne and Harold have moved the boats two doors down behind the legion.... http://kingstondivecharters.com/

If you don't talk to Vinnie at NTD...then things do get boggled....unfortunately.

They have always been good to me at NTD though.

Last edited by Jen; 09-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Giddyup

Chantelle is on a distinguished road

I have also been dealing with NTD for quite a while now, and have not had issues that have not been easily rectified. Sorry if you had a bad experience.

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer