Thread: LDS
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Giddyup

Chantelle is on a distinguished road

I was gonna ask who the second one was too...

I'm not really sure what Steve can add to the thread. I will let him know about it, but I don't think there is really much he can say about "this side vs. that side."

He has taken courses with just about every agency there is, and has more cards than I knew actually existed. I really do not want to speak for him, but tried, tested, and true, he sticks with GUE.

I am not knocking any other agency. We all came from somewhere, and learn from many different avenues. There are great instructors in any agency. I do believe (please read that this is my opinion only) from what I have seen (please read that this is my opinion only), there is more consistancy with the quality of instructors within GUE. I'll say it again.... yes, there are great instructors with other agencies... GUE just works for me.

I like the fact that I can jump in the water with another GUE diver, from halfway across the planet, and be on the same page with them.

To be honest, I really don't care who trains with who. I like people. I may not make some of the same choices that they do, but it doesn't mean they aren't good people. I might make my own choices about who I may or may not dive with in certain conditions, and I really hope that doesn't sound "stuck up," as it's not meant to be. I just like to know that the person I'm diving with can help to solve problems the way I need them to be, and vice versa... especially when on a technical or overhead dive. You really do have to trust your buddy with your life, and they have to trust you.

Ok... novel over.. can someone please pass me another bowl of popcorn? Back to reading...

My Bloggy Thing

She-P Dealer