Thread: LDS
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 PM

Warren_L is on a distinguished road

Boy I'm having a hard time finding this thread ... it keeps bouncing around from forum to forum.

Anyway, a comment from a casual observer.... I'm not sure why these training threads seem to degenerate towards one LDS vs. another LDS discussions. Nonetheless, given that this particular thread was split from the original thread, some of the previous posts in this thread are now slightly out of context given the new topic. I would agree wholeheartedly with Matt in that GUE is not the only agency that would offer quality DIR style training. In fact, I would say that quality training programs and quality instructors are not the exclusive domain of any one agency. Many people have said this and I believe it holds true.

However, the OP and the topic at hand did ask specifically about the GUE fundamentals course, and in keeping in line with the topic at hand of this thread, it would seem logical to align yourself with a shop that does offer GUE training as they would be best suited to answer and deal with anything specific to GUE courses.

Does this exclude other LDSes from being able to provide quality gear? Not at all. But as far as the training is concerned, if the GUE path is what I wanted, I would certainly look towards a bondafide GUE shop.