Thread: LDS
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 02:28 AM

Matthew Mandziuk is on a distinguished road

Well Oren, Not to "rock to boat" but just because a shop is "gue" shop, it doesn't mean they're the "real deal".

If memory serves correct, I was diving DIR before NTD existed.

It doesn't matter the agency, but more so the level of training and even though you've never trained with me, I'm pretty sure we could learn a lot from diving with each other.

As far as "real Deals Go", why would someone buy a DUI drysuit from you if you're not a "real" dive facility. I mean aren't you just a guy picking up the slack for those shops who don't sell DUI? I mean how do you compete with someone who has sold DUI and other brands of drysuits for over 35yrs and never had a complaint when it comes to price or service? Why should someone buy DUI off you if you're praising NTD? In reality I don't see either of you getting a DUI sales award for the 9th year in a row now. I respect you doing drysuit repairs, but leave the DUI drysuit sales to those who are in the industry full time....NTD and Dan's Dive Shop.

I think that you put too much faith in the name of a training agency, I mean TDI, GUE, PADI, UTD, NAUI, doesn't it all come down to the instructor? Like it or not, there are a lot of people who have come and gone in this diving industry and few who remain the genuine article. I'm pretty sure we'll be here as a main stay in diving and we have lead the trends in diving since our inception in 1974, why stop now?

I respect GUE, but I also see that there is a bigger picture in the diving industry. I teach NAUI, as do many of the people who work for Halcyon ironically enough. Maybe if the rest of the industry spent as much time looking at the big picture instead of what agency teaches what, we'd be a bigger sport.

I am aligning myself with divers from all walks of life and even though rule 1 still applies in my selection, agencies are secondary.