Scuba Ontario

Scuba Ontario (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/index.php)
-   Old Archived Forum threads (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   LDS (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/showthread.php?t=119)

Oren 01-08-2009 10:23 AM

LDS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Smith (Post 637)
Thanks Jen and Jay Roy,

It makes alot of sense. I know there is an answer in my GUE manual, I just havent got that far yet. I'll drop by Dan's and have a look see at the SMB's.

NTD will ship you a spool and SMB if you'll ask the to do so too.

Jen 01-08-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren (Post 638)
NTD will ship you a spool and SMB if you'll ask the to do so too.

Yepp...either or...you are at that location where it is up to you.

Matthew Mandziuk 01-12-2009 11:12 AM

Aww, but Dan's is convenient and has them in stock most likely.

Joe 01-12-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Mandziuk (Post 737)
Aww, but Dan's is convenient and has them in stock most likely.

No doubt, take a stroll by the wall of goodies. You will find everything you need. :cool:

Oren 01-12-2009 02:44 PM

So does NTD.
Besides, NTD is a GUE member shop. Why not support the shop that is associated with the "real deal" ;)

Jay Roy 01-12-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren (Post 739)
So does NTD.
Besides, NTD is a GUE member shop. Why not support the shop that is associated with the "real deal" ;)

The problem is tho, driving all the way to Kingston for a fill would suck if the local shops close the doors...

serge 01-12-2009 04:25 PM

Dan Dive Shop is a "real deal" Halcyon "DIR Dive Systems" Dealer. They are not grey market so you get full warranties just like you do at NTD.

By all means mention shops that can provide support, products and such, *but*, in my humble opinion when posed with two equal options I'd suggest supporting the LDS.

Dan's and NTD's prices are likely very very similar. If you live in the Kingston area shop at NTD, if you live in the Niagara area shop at Dan's. If you live somewhere in the middle flip a coin or figure out which you are closer to.

Whichever way you go really I don't think you can make a wrong choice.

Serge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren (Post 739)
So does NTD.

JohnG 01-12-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serge (Post 743)
Dan Dive Shop is a "real deal" Halcyon "DIR Dive Systems" Dealer. They are not grey market so you get full warranties just like you do at NTD.

By all means mension shops that can provide support, products and such, *but*, in my humble oppinion when posed with two equal options I'd suggest supporting the LDS.

Dan's and NTD's prices are likely very very similar. If you live in the Kingston area shop at NTD, if you live in the Niagara area shop at Dan's. If you live somewhere in the middle flip a coin or figure out which you are closer to.

Whichever way you go really I don't think you can make a wrong choice.

Serge.

I would totally agree, first and foremost support your LDS. Whichever shop that may be. You want them to be there when you need fills! and you are helping your local economy.

It doesn't hurt that my LDS is #6 in North America for Halcyon gear sales:)

Oren 01-12-2009 04:55 PM

If you read my post more carefully, you'll notice that I never said that Dan's isn't a real Halcyon dealer.
I said that NTD is a GUE associated shop and since this thread is about gearing up for a GUE-F course, I suggested to support the shop that offers the "real deal" training. That's all. YMMV. ;)

Jen 01-12-2009 05:34 PM

There are points on both sides. I do recall Dan even saying...support your LDS. I patron both, and it depends on availability, price, and where I happen to be. I will always support the LDS because we all need them to stay in business. Same piece of kit at a closer store make it hard to pass up. If it was not what I was looking for than by all means, I would go to where I can get it. Like my 100 ft MOD stickers. I am ordering them elsewhere since they are unavailable at the LDS.