Scuba Ontario

Scuba Ontario (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/index.php)
-   Main Forum (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finished OW (http://www.scubaontario.ca/community/showthread.php?t=209)

SteveG 05-19-2009 11:24 AM

Finished OW

I finished my 4 open water dives this weekend in Prescott which was awesome!!
I did 2 dives on Sat. and was supposed to do the other 2 on Sun. with the rest of the students but my wife got really sick and I had to stay home and take care of her and the kids. So when I called the instructor to let him know he said we could work it out for a day that just the 2 of us would go out.
Well we set it up for yesturday and did the 3rd dive from the Prescott wharf to finish up all my skills and then for the last dive and the compass work he said he would take me to the Rothesay, Man! that was cool, my first wreck.. I AM HOOKED, We also saw a HUGE Pike that let us get right up to him. This was one of the most awesome things I've seen, a sidewheel steamer just sitting peacefully on the bottom of the St. Lawrence, from the top you would never know she's there.

OH YA forgot to mention I'M CERTIFIED, YEE HAW

<><S><>

Jay Roy 05-19-2009 02:22 PM

Congrats Steve
Welcome to a new world where you will have a crapload of fun...meet many amazing people and spend a pile of money :D

Glad you enjoyed your first dives..its a very addicting sport...

Chantelle 05-19-2009 02:31 PM

Congratulations!! Welcome to the addiction that is diving!! :D w00 h00!

Jay Roy 05-19-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chantelle (Post 1653)
Congratulations!! Welcome to the addiction that is diving!! :D w00 h00!

I'm waiting for one of us to appear on the show, Intervention rofl

KevinS 05-19-2009 08:23 PM

Good for you Steve. As Jay said, be prepaired to spend a couple of bucks. Don't tell the wife or girl friend how much it costs.........
If you go Tech. its a bundle, if you go the Padi way its a bundle ?? Tread the water and take it slowly, and when you get fifty dives under your weight belt then look at what you want to do next. This forum carries all types of certified divers, so ask questions, and kept breathing !!

Cheers:D
Kevin

Chantelle 05-20-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Roy (Post 1654)
I'm waiting for one of us to appear on the show, Intervention rofl

ROFL... I wonder if anyone has nominated us for it... :o

SteveG 05-20-2009 04:21 PM

I know exactly what everyone means, all i keep thinking about is my next dive, and my next purchase, but that will be a while yet, I'm married with 3 little kids so the fact that my accountant (wife) has let me get a complete set of gear and wetsuit is plenty for me right now........but an extra tank and a computer wouldn't hurt!!!

I'm looking forward to diving in the canal next week. Now to try and convince my wife to start diving:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jmya 05-20-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveG (Post 1657)
Now to try and convince my wife to start diving:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hmmm, might want to think about that for a bit! (i.e. shed-loads of cash, multiply by two,....) I almost sh*t when I paid the weekend's charter/gas/motel fees for me and the missus on Osprey last year....

SteveG 05-20-2009 09:04 PM

Yeh, good point!!! good point indeed. For some reason she is not interested in it one little bit!! :(:(

KevinS 05-21-2009 08:21 PM

Think of all the money you just saved!!!

Check with the local (St. Catharines) dive shops to see what they have for computers and bottles. Check this forum to see when there are people going out for a dive.

K.:)