PDA

View Full Version : Stage Bottle Rigging

Rob Smith
01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Basic question about what you use in rigs for stage bottles..

Home made or store bought?

Joe
01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I use the Halcyon rigging kits. If find they work well and seem to be holding up so far. Having said that the more bottles you have the more kits you need so you may want to look at making your own to save a few bucks. I know there are some members here who make their own maybe they will post on whats involved in making them.

Oren
01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
If you want to rig your tanks yourself, here (http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/stagebottle_rigging.html) you will find the instructions.
Having said that, once you buy all the hardware and calculate your time, you may just go out and buy a rigging set. At least that's what i do, YMMV.

serge
01-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm not typically one for DIY but I've always done my own stage rigging. No kits.

Serge.

JohnG
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
follow the site oren posted. Thats what I use, and buy everything in bulk. nylon rope is cheap, fuel hose is cheap, bolt snaps from nix dog collars(roughly $6 a clip), inner tube - tire place,

Jay Roy
01-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Its much easier just to get the rigging kit when you buy the bottle..It comes with everything you need including MOD stickers...

Chantelle
01-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Yep... I buy the kit as well...

Jimmer
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Which stage kits are you guys getting? Dive Rite/Halcyon/Salvo?

Jen
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I tend to just get the kit. By the time you shell out the extra $12 + tax and the running around...you can have the kit all in one bag for around $55-60+tax. Halcyon or Salvo....don't get the Dive-Rite. Its fine as a temp, but is very limiting you'll find down the road.

Chantelle
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I get the Halcyon ones, as the clips are a good size. I'm not a fan of the DR kits, as they have the big arsed brass clips.

serge
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
In general you never want brass clips.

While brass is cheaper it's a softer metal. Over time it will develop sharp edges and cut either your fingers or your dry gloves or both.

Pay the extra and get SS clips for sure.

Rob Smith
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I think the intial cost of getting everyhting up front (parts) will out way the one I need now. I think I will just go with a halcyon kit for now. Maybe down the road I'll get all the parts to have and make a few just to have around.

Thanks everyone for all the input!

Rob

Jay Roy
01-05-2009, 11:26 PM
don't get the Dive-Rite. Its fine as a temp,

They're not even that good :)

The Salvo kits are ok, but they don't include the MOD stickers......Halcyon is a better choice...

Jen
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
They're not even that good :)

The Salvo kits are ok, but they don't include the MOD stickers......Halcyon is a better choice...

True about the Salvo kits...I forgot about that....but as for the DR... it was what I had at the time..:o...I was waiting for the proper MOD stickers to come in to swap out from the Halcyon kit...but I couldn't wait any longer. I have another set of MOD 70 stickers now....and proper rigging.:p Had to....got tired of the comments for the couple weeks there...lol.

Jean f
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I like the halcyon stage kits the best just seem to keep the bottle tighter to your body .

I gave away my diverite stage kit to a friend

Chantelle
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Hee Hee... was it Jen? :p

Matthew Mandziuk
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
If I'm teaching a technical course in a remote area or a place that doesn't have a Halcyon dealer (ie Dan's Dive Shop), I typically take a run down the hardware store and incorporate it into the rigging part of the class. It's worked well in a couple of instances.

That being said, you can't beat the ready made kits. Plus you get the nylon sleeve that covers the band and screw.

Halcyon or Salvo kits are super convenient. We sell a ton of them.

Jay Roy
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM

With friends like you, who needs enemies :D

Jen
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Hee Hee... was it Jen? :p

Nope....had my own crap. :cool: Its off now. Just need to order some MOD 100 stickers.

Jean f
01-07-2009, 11:09 AM
With friends like you, who needs enemies :D

Its ok she is going to right side mount it for trimix