PDA

View Full Version : Drysuit dump valve

Jean f
01-02-2009, 04:06 PM
My suit is going back to dui in the next couple days for some repairs and modifications .

the questions is that on my old suit i had a low profile dump vavle on it and it did not dump properly so i replaced with the high profile valve solved the issue or not dumping . Now with my newer suit i ordered the high profile dump valve but it does not dump as fast as my old suit . should i get them to replace it with another high profile or a low profile .

Btw old suit was a cf200 newer suit tls350

Jen
01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Could be something as simple as the position of the valve. I don't think they have "changed" the valve itself...as in re-modified the high-profile.

serge
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Yes change the valve. I ordered my CLX with the high profile valve since I thought that dumped faster (It did on my Bare suit).

The performance of the High Profile was horrible. I thought it was position or in my head but I pulled a Low Profile off my other suit to try and it dumped great.

DUI (Dan's Dive) swapped my High Profile for a Low Profile no problem and my suit now dumps fine. I recommend switching.

Serge.

Jean f
01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
think i might get them to try another high profile might of had a bad batch if tthat does not work il go low profile

Joe
01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
think i might get them to try another high profile might of had a bad batch if tthat does not work il go low profile

Bruso!! Get a Hi-Profile Sytek.

Jen
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Yepp....might have been either faulty or the angle...a new valve should do the trick..also if you are referring to the time when it stuck when you were diving with Chantelle, Steve and I....you had on the 400g DUI. Now you dive your new Santi undies or the 4th Elements....so there is a difference right there in the fit of the undies.

PeteSmith
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Yepp....might have been either faulty or the angle...a new valve should do the trick..also if you are referring to the time when it stuck when you were diving with Chantelle, Steve and I....you had on the 400g DUI. Now you dive your new Santi undies or the 4th Elements....so there is a difference right there in the fit of the undies.

Ah, I get it, tight undies make it harder to reach the dump valve?:p

Jen
01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Lol...well...we dive with them open all the time...but the fit of the undies...referring to the material and bulk of the arm by the valve. I had Weezels and I had to wear a band on the arm by the dump valve otherwise the material would stick up against it and actually act as a plug.

Jean f
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Well this suit dumps slow no matter what undies i have on even in north carolina i noticed it see if the new vavle fixes the problum