PDA

View Full Version : Bare Trilam suit to good home

serge
01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Hello,

I have a bare Tri-Lam suit. Stock XXL for sale. $125 including Bare 200g Undies.

This suit needs some TLC to get into working shape but could be a very in-expensive suit for somebody.

The wrist seals are water tight but getting a little old. Likely get 1 more dive season out of them.

Neoprene Neck seal is in good shape.

1 attachment for suspenders has come off (A bit of Auqua seal will fix that up)

The suit also has 2 thigh pockets.

The major issue with the suit is that the zipper needs to be replaced. Currently it is not water tight so would need to be done first thing. This is an expensive repair though. From CDS http://www.customdivingservices.com/sales.html (Who do great work) a new zipper and replacement would be $410. Speak to an LDS though an they may be able to do it for cheaper. Just giving an idea of cost.

The underware are in good shape but have seen a lot of dives.

Any questions please let me know.

Serge.

Kevin
01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
McNett seal cement properly applied is far better than Aquaseal to re-attach suspenders on the Bare suits. Anyone interested in this suit may PM me and I'd be happy to give you an estimate based on Serge's description to perform the repairs.

serge
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey Kevin,

In general would you recommend McNett seal cement for all Tri-Lam repairs?

I don't do many of my own repairs at all (but I want to learn).

Are your prices for Zipper replacements similar to CDS? I actually don't think there is anybody local in Niagara that I know of that does them.

Serge.

Kevin
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
In an attempt to be both competitive and fair to our customers, most of our prices are similar. The big difference between us is that I also service regulators and other dive gear whereas Scott focuses strictly on drysuits.

As for glue, when you are bonding 2 flat pieces together and need a strong connection where there will be tension between them, I recommend a contact cement such as the McNett Seal Cement in either black or clear. The clear stuff is more yellow than clear so I dont use it if I can help it. When waterproofing a seam or hole, then I use the urethane adhesive commonly referred to as Aquaseal which comes in the white tube. Aquaseal is actually a trade name that covers several adhesive products from McNett.

Kevin

Rob Smith
01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Hello,

I have a bare Tri-Lam suit. Stock XXL for sale. $125 including Bare 200g Undies.

This suit needs some TLC to get into working shape but could be a very in-expensive suit for somebody.

The wrist seals are water tight but getting a little old. Likely get 1 more dive season out of them.

The major issue with the suit is that the zipper needs to be replaced. Currently it is not water tight so would need to be done first thing. This is an expensive repair though. From CDS http://www.customdivingservices.com/sales.html (Who do great work) a new zipper and replacement would be $410. Speak to an LDS though an they may be able to do it for cheaper. Just giving an idea of cost.

Serge.

Is this a rear entry or front?

Joe
01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Suit is front entry.

Rob Smith
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello,

Serge.

Serge,

Can you PM me a contact number, I have someone intrested in the suit with a few questions.

Rob

PeteSmith
01-03-2009, 08:20 AM
PM sent Saturday morning

serge
01-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Sold to a good home!