PDA

View Full Version : I guess I get to go first!!

Jimmer
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey everybody, some of you know me, some don't. I'm Jim Johnstone, from Brantford. I learned to dive in 1994 at the age of 11, and have really been amping things up and taking things more seriously for about the last 3 years.

My "home" dive shop is Scuba Plus in Simcoe, whom I help out with, filling tanks, helping out on charters, and I'm in the process of completing my DM with them. I've also started my tech training with Matt at Dan's Dive shop this past summer, and will hopefully see a lot of you this coming season as I take my tech 1 class in St. Catherines.

Cheers,

Jim

Joe
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the board Jim.

Jen
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the board. Jim...do you dive in those ponds in Waterford...? I have driven by them many times, and I always wonder how they are.

Jean f
12-29-2008, 05:45 PM
last time i was in one of those ponds diving with jim all i saw was a picnick table and some branches lol

Jimmer
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Jen. I lived smack in the middle of Waterford for 22 years, so I have done a lot of dives in one of the ponds on Thompson road. Scuba Plus does an ice dive there every year in Feb. There is really only the one pond that is diveable. Some are still active quarries, some are for Camp Trillium, others are private for fishing or trout farming. That one pond maxes out about 17 feet deep, but we use it for OW checkouts and AOW navigation or night dives, in addition to the ice dive.

Jean, you must have had your eyes closed, cuz I saw a frog and a crayfish with blue claws. I felt like I was in the caribbean.

JohnG
12-29-2008, 06:41 PM
welcome to the board Jim looking forward to meeting you

John

serge
12-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the board Jim. If you are ever interested we dive the Welland Scuba Park every Sunday. Always room for more divers.

With that thrilling write-up though it is tempting to come up and dive your ponds :D

Jimmer
12-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Serge, I was talking to Jean a little while ago about coming down maybe every other Sunday or something, since aside from that crappy little pond, I don't have any shore diving around here at all.

Hopefully I'll see you guys there soon.

serge
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Sounds great. Look forward to meeting you.

Serge.