PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Aladin Sport Plus Dive Computer

lherskowi46
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
This BRAND NEW, NEVER USED, Aladin is so easy to use, it even accommodates for altitude (built in altimeter).

As soon as you hit the water the Aladin immediately starts plotting your dive profile and shows you exactly the information you need to know, such as depth, no deco info, ascent rate, length of dive and any alarms. On the surface, it switches to desat mode and displays information about your residual nitrogen and time to fly.

The Aladin keeps a logbook of (if I recall correctly) 99 dives, so there is no need to update your written logbook until well after you get home. The Aladin also has a planning mode, but personally I have never needed to use it because I know exactly where I stand at any point during a dive, or repetitive dive with regards to my no deco limits. It also has a variable ascent rate, which you can follow to maximize your no decompression limit.

This is truly an amazing computer, so simple to use and is PC downloadable. An exact dive profile of your logged dives can be sent to your computer (you need to buy a memo-mouse to do this - not included).

A simple tap on the screen activates the cool blue LCD backlight. The yellow part of the screen is a scratch/screen guard and is a $12 replaceable item and is very inexpensive to maintain that showroom look should you be worried about scrapes around rocks etc… Best to keep it tucked in close with a lanyard anyhow, which makes these incidents relatively avoidable.

It comes equipped with the original manual and packaging.

The Aladin Sport comes with the addition of a flip-up screen guard and an active backlighting system that can be used both on the surface and under water. The Sport Plus does not include nitrox functions. The computer provides a continuous display of your no-decompression time as well as current depth, maximum depth and elapsed dive time.
This is a multi-level dive computer that is designed for recreational divers. The Aladin Sport Plus also introduces the benefit of modifying your decompression schedule according to your actual dive behaviour. To maximize your no decompression limit, it includes a variable ascent rate that allows faster ascent at depth, with slower ascents nearer the surface.

The Aladin Sport Plus is very popular among divers who wish to avoid any decompression stops but should the need occur, the Aladin Sport Plus will show you exactly when to stop and when to continue with your ascent. The Aladin Sport Plus continuously displays the no decompression stop time as well as your current depth, maximum depth and elapsed dive time. The Aladin Sport Plus even warns if you are ascending too fast for the allowable ascent rate, at any given depth. This makes the Uwatec Aladin Sport Plus the ideal dive computer for novice and experienced recreational divers.