PDA

View Full Version : Bare Drysuit questions

francis33
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Can anyone help me, i'm in the market for my first drysuit .I was lookin at the bare tech dry trilam 09 model or the xcd2 techdry neoprene model. Heard some concerns about little flexability when it comes to reaching the valves when doing double cylinders. Also about bad customer service from the factory as well, if there was any problems with the seals on the suit .I know bare does offer a lifetime warranty with the suit. But i heard they might not do any thing for you.If anyone has any expierience diving these suits i would really appreciate the feedback, i only want to buy one suit. thanks.

jpiasky
09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
I dive with DUI CF200 2mm crushed neoprene and love it . Crushed neoprene is the way to go if you are looking for flexibilty but it takes longer to dry then other suits . My wife dives with a Aqualung trilam not as flexible and dries quick but you could'nt beat the price . Its also easier to repair neoprene then trilam . Hope this helps .

francis33
09-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Great does anybody else know anything about them?

JohnG
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
not sure if many of us will have much info on bare suits. most of us dive dui or santi suits. A couple of buddies had some old bare suits that were made great and really lasted along time. I have heard that the new bare suits quality is not there, but I don't have first hand knowledge just what I have heard. I have 2 cf200's and in the midst of buying a santi. the cf200's are tough as hell, they just trade off heavier and they dry slow. the santi is a trilam and is lighter and will dry fast. I figure i will try a trilam this time around. no real reason just see how i like them. I am actually selling one of my cf200's because I don't need 2 backup suits if you are interested.

francis33
09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I could be interested what size is the suit , how old is it got any pics?

JohnG
09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
The suit is a 2002 as far as I remember. I have to check the suit. It was sent back to dui in december 2007 for a new zipper and seals. They also changed the knee pads, socks and inflation valve. I think max there is 50 dives on it after that overhaul. It is a black stock xl suit. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

francis33
09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
should fit me fine, get some pics or ,lets meet and i can check it out .Email me with your plans.