PDA

View Full Version : Equipment problem

Ian
04-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Not scuba equipment but scuba related;

Anyone in the Niagara area know how to work an oxyacetelyne welding/cutting torch. I inhertited a complete system but have no idea how to use it.

I've got some chain to cut and shackles to weld for the new tall-boy mooring buoys we bought and would like to put out shortly. The new buoys will be going on the Tiller and CB Benson.

Jean f
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
yeah ian no prob anytime you need me i can get over there and cut some chain i also have a portable mig welder or you can bring the stuff here and use our torch and welding set up

Ian
04-23-2009, 08:15 PM
If you don't mind coming over here that would be great. I've got everything set up in the garage and it would be simpler than me dragging the buoys and stuff over there (they're just a tad bigger than the other ones). I had lots of oxygen on hand but went out and bought an actelyne tank. Then I had to buy a new nut and nipple for the actelyne as the regulator I had wouldn't fit the tank. When I hooked up the hose it leaked like a sive so I got a new hose as well.

My father in law bought the kit about 20 years ago and never used it. Everything was still wrapped in the original plastic but I gues the hoses just dried out and cracked.

Do you know when you would be available. Ian

Jean f
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Any night after 5:30 other than wednesdays

Ian
04-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Any night after 5:30 other than wednesdays

I've sent you a PM