PDA

View Full Version : Painted tanks

Rob Smith
01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I had 4 Painted AL 80 luxfer tanks given to me. I am just wondering if it would be worth it to strip the paint of two for deco bottles? Thought it would help to save a few bucks or am I kidding myself?

Joe
01-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I had 4 Painted AL 80 luxfer tanks given to me. I am just wondering if it would be worth it to strip the paint of two for deco bottles? Thought it would help to save a few bucks or am I kidding myself?

Some of the guys down this way have recently stripped some tanks and seem to be happy with the results. Why do you want to strip them? Are they really beat up?

Rob Smith
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Some of the guys down this way have recently stripped some tanks and seem to be happy with the results. Why do you want to strip them? Are they really beat up?

They are actually in mint shape, no chips, one black, green, yellow and blue. The yellow could stay, for a deco bottle but dark coulored tanks are not good I thought to use for deco bottles?

Joe
01-13-2009, 10:57 AM
It's up to you but if the tanks are in good shape I wouldn't worry about the colour. Wait until they are really beat up after years of use then strip them. We don't identify tanks by colour so any colour works. I know of at least one Fundies instructor and all he uses is black tanks.

Rob Smith
01-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks, I'll just leave them then. I know there is no use of colour to identify a tank, I just thought the standard was unpainted, but like you suggest I'll wait till they are beat up.

Chantelle
01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I guess it would depend on what colour they are, and whether or not you are in violation with Rule #6. :D

*ducks* :D

Joe
01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Ya that's what I would do. I use the brushed ones for deco bottles. I thought they would show less wear but, I was wrong, they get beat up too.

Joe
01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I guess it would depend on what colour they are, and whether or not you are in violation with Rule #6. :D

*ducks* :D

LOL :D You should see the gloves I put on for driving stakes in the canal. Rule #6 violation for sure. :eek:

Rob Smith
01-13-2009, 12:08 PM
OK I'll Bite,..........

Whats rule #6....lol

Joe
01-13-2009, 12:34 PM
OK I'll Bite,..........

Whats rule #6....lol

I'll tell you after you take fundies....;)

Rob Smith
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO.....never mind!

Jean f
01-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah dont bother striping tanks its allot of work and some never really strip all the way . my yellow luxfer is still yellow well its looks peach rite now lol

But the candy finished tanks clean up well and look awsome there worth doing

Isn't rule 6 you must always look cool

serge
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought you told me it worked really well and you just had a bit of paint left on the top of the neck but that's it?

Yeah dont bother striping tanks its allot of work and some never really strip all the way . my yellow luxfer is still yellow well its looks peach rite now lol

But the candy finished tanks clean up well and look awsome there worth doing

Isn't rule 6 you must always look cool

Jean f
01-13-2009, 06:34 PM
the black and candy blue tank worked well took about and hour and half

But the yellow tank was a nightmare the primer would not come off no matter what paint stripper i used i ended up bead blasting it and it still has some primer in the cracks

Oren
01-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Paint in whose crack? :)

Chantelle
01-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Paint in whose crack? :)

Oren... say no to crack... rofl...